China Procurement News Notice - 69225

Procurement News Notice

PNN 69225
Work Detail COSCO Shipping & Guangzhou Salvage Heavy Transport has won a transportation contract for Woodside Energy’s Trion floating production unit (FPU). The 44,000-tonne FPU will be fabricated in Ulsan, Korea, by HD Hyundai. The company won the construction deal worth around $1.2bn from Woodside in July last year. It is scheduled to be delivered to the client in April 2027. The $7.2bn Trion project is in the Perdido basin in the Gulf of Mexico some 30 kilometres off the Mexico-US maritime border. The FPU will be transported there by the Cosco Shipping Specialized Carriers-Guangzhou Salvage joint venture onboard the 98,000 dwt semisubmersible vessel Xin Guang Hua. First oil is set for 2028 and the development is targeting an estimated 479 mmboe of best estimate (2C) contingent resource of oil and gas. Trion will include the installation of an FPU, an FSO, and 18 wells – nine producers, seven water injectors, and two gas injectors – drilled in the initial phase. A total of 24 wells will be drilled over the life of the Trion project. The FPU will be able to produce 100,000 barrels of crude oil and 4.1m cu m of natural gas per day and will be connected to an FSO vessel with a capacity of 950,000 barrels of oil. Pemex discovered Trion in 2012 and currently owns 40% of the project. Woodside holds the remaining 60% which it bought through the acquisition of BHP Petroleum in 2022. In December last year, Gate Energy was awarded a commissioning contract for the Trion FPU while Wood secured a contract for detailed engineering of the topside facilities.
Country China , Eastern Asia
Industry Energy & Power
Entry Date 11 Jun 2024

Tell us about your Product / Services,
We will Find Tenders for you